RECIPE for a HEALTHY LIFE
Here is my list of 10 things that will ensure a healthy, alkaline approach to life.
- Eat a clean diet. Favour foods that are easy for the body to digest. For example, stay away as much as possible from saturated fats and refined oils.
- For best nutrition eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Eat whole grains rather than processed foods.
- Buy organic foods as much as possible.
- Eat a wide variety of plant protein -Dahls, beans and lentils. These are a great protein source without saturated fat.
- Eat sprouts of all types. These are remarkable for cleansing and energy.
- Chewing the food well also adds to alkalinity.
- A little exercise daily to strengthen and cleanse the body of toxins. A half hour walk, yoga or rebounding is a necessary ingredient for healthy life.
- Take time to reflect, smell the roses. Meditation, or time in nature will keep the inner body vital.
- Thoughts of gratitude will do much to Alkalize the body and spirit.
More lovely shared times in the kitchen
Monday morning was an early start with a cooking class starting at 10 a.m, again at my home fires, in Adelaide! There was much to prepare. I happily busied myself with the task, laying out all the food and recipes . Candles and flowers to delight the eye along with nature’s harvest of colourful, vibrant foods!
The eager enthusiasts arrived for their second class. Many healthy delights were on the agenda- encore to beetroot this time — a raw beetroot salad, dhal pakoras with coriander cashew chutney, green salad medley, adzuki beans with onions, brown rice with amaranth, baked sweet potatoes and steamed greens!
There was also flat green beans with ample garlic. Wow what a feast!
FRESH CORIANDER and CASHEW CHUTNEY: A RECIPE
2 bunches of coriander – use the leaves only
1/2 – 3/4 cup of raw cashew nuts
2cm piece of ginger, peeled and coarsley chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 – 3 drops Sunny dew * or 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
1/2- 1 cup best quality water
Adding a little water at a time, blend all the ingredients together. You may not need to use the whole cup of water. The desired consistency is smooth and velvety. Not too thick and not too runny.
This life giving chutney goes wonderfully with the Dahl Pakoras , Vegetable Curries, Patties or as a simple dip or spread! Try it, you’l love it!
Delicious recipes to go with this High Nutrient Dense chutney can be found in my cookbook alkaline-alive. All the dishes we enjoyed for our lunch (as above) are waiting on the pages to be enjoyed by you!